I have uploaded example lessons to the TES for the new KS3 Exploring Science.
These can be used to get a general overview for the lesson before referring to the unit guide provided by Pearson (which is quite lengthy) and are also idea ideal to refer to as a starting point for non-specialists, trainees, NQTs, last-minute cover and for (hopefully rare!) last-minute planning at certain times of the year when other priorities exist, e.g. BTEC moderation!
I have used the @teachertoolkit 5 minute digital lesson plan format to create these example lesson plans. This is a really quick and easy way to present the information clearly without having to format e.g. a word or PowerPoint document:
Here are the links to the units I have done example lesson plans for so far:
- Unit 7C Muscles and Bones: http://goo.gl/RKSxy0
- Unit 7H Atoms and Molecules: http://goo.gl/DFBGjF
- Unit 7I Energy: http://goo.gl/TQpTKh
- Unit 7J Electricity http://goo.gl/DxHBfg
- Unit 8C Respiration http://goo.gl/QQTMxN
- Unit 8F Periodic Table http://goo.gl/AQFvSC
- Unit 8I Fluids http://goo.gl/eN8qhE
I hope these are useful and I will add to this resource bank as I create more example lesson plans for KS3.